Friday, October 9, 2009

High Cost of Medications

Thankfully we have insurance that covers prescriptions, but some of the copays are getting up there especially when you purchase a 90 day supply. Luckily Sherry was checking on the internet for coupons for all of our drugs. I had to refill my migraine prescription that normally costs $50 for a 3 month prescription. Sherry found a coupon for a 1 month free trial, and $20 a regular presecription. When I called the doc for a refril script I asked them to write my usual 3 month prescription and a 1 month.

I am so glad CVS is in town now as this is the only place we can go locally to get our 3 month prescriptions. I ended up getting a 4 month supply for only $30 thanks to my lovely wife!! Since they just opened a new store in our area we received a copoun in the mail for a $25 gift card if you bring in a new prescription. Sherry had one of hers to fill that did not have any coupons so we were able to get the $25 gift card on a prescription that only had a $10 copay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment